Wednesday, January 13, 2010

a slim sort of betrayal

So I had plans with two friends of mine, one being a very close friend. The other friend got a hold of me to ask if I could not invite my girlfriend because she apparently just wanted it to be the three of us going to smoke hookah and hang out. I had already invited my girlfriend so I obviously wasn't going to un-invite her. All of a sudden the one friend didn't even want to go at all. I was a little annoyed but I left it alone in hopes that the friend who was closer with me would still want to go through with the plans without the other one. Turns out he's with the girl he's been blowing me off to sleep with for the last couple weeks. So I grow a little more annoyed.
I contacted the friend who originally flaked and she told me that her and my close friend had actually gone to hookah, and they hadn't said anything to me. I messaged my close friend and he said that he hadn't told me because he didn't want me to get mad. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. My friends had blown me off only to get together to hang out as we had originally planned behind my back. I was furious. I'm still a little annoyed about the whole situation, and also because my close friend (whom I would never expect anything like this from), has yet to get a hold of me, and it's been two days since the whole incident. I'm still thinking of exactly how I should handle the situation. My gut is telling me to talk to him but my head most definitely knows better. I'll just have to wait and see how it turns out.

No comments: