Monday, January 18, 2010

Planet Earth Series

I had the pleasure of sitting down and watching the latest installment of Discovery Channel's Planet Earth series, and I must say, it's a damn captivating experience.
The best way I can describe the experience is that it's like looking up at the night sky on an astonishingly clear night; it makes you feel dismally small and insignificant. Between watching snow leopards take down rams on a shear cliff face and ancient pre-human ocean life forms swimming around in Mexican underground caves, sitting here at my laptop typing this seems pretty pointless. How can one cope with being so unfathomably insignificant?

2 comments:

Millie-jane said...

Good point.

I hate it when my guy friend would rather hide in their parents basement playing video games rather than going out and doing something.

And then they cry hysterically when life happens and they don't get "more life power" for it. BAh

Marx Generator said...

I know lots of people like that. I used to be like that myself once, it's a shame.
You almost create your own reality with the things that interest you and surround yourself with those things and the outside world just passes you by. It's a spell that must be broken.