Monday, February 8, 2010

Ramblings of a Tired Man

I walked onto campus at Antelope Valley College today with high expectations and the sharp yet pleasant aroma of cheap cigarettes drifting through the air. My English class turned out to be Contemporary American Literature, 1945-Present, which is far more interesting than the class catalog description of "Special Topics in Literature."
My Philosophy teacher's voice reminds me of the computerized voice you hear on automated phone menus, which might get old, but when you need twelve solid units to have health insurance, you're willing to accept less than perfection.
I missed out on my morning cup of coffee this morning so I was craving some coffee with my pipe when I got home from school. I ended up grinding up some recently purchased decaf coffee and I'm not really stoked about it. It doesn't even smell like coffee. When it's all done brewing it smells like an extremely sweet pipe tobacco, which isn't really a bad thing in my book.
That brings me to my new tobacco review. I've been smoking London Gentleman, which I picked up from that excellent cigar shop I talked about in my recent post. To begin with, it's a relatively mild English blend. Latakia is the star here for sure, but it's not overpowering at all. It packs nicely into the bowl and has a gentle and sweet tin aroma. Upon lighting the bowl, that strong English flavor instantly becomes present, but it's still quite smooth.
This is definitely more of an afternoon/evening smoke but it wouldn't be bad in the morning. I would recommend this tobacco to anyone who enjoys smoother English blends, particularly those in Southern California who can go and buy it directly from the aforementioned shop. You won't be disappointed.

With that said, I'm off to bed. It's been a long day and is most likely going to be a long week.

Cheers.

2 comments:

Oberon said...

...i invite you to join globalove think tank.

Marx Generator said...

thanks so much for the invite, I emailed you about it.