Monday, September 22, 2008

Friends, and all the ones I don't have.

Something strange has been happening to me recently.
I'm beginning to find I don't have any friends left.
After throwing that party at my house and getting caught for it, ties with my friends from the 2-5 crew have never really been the same, but that's entirely my fault. I haven't made an effort to hang out with them or even get a hold of them, with the exception of Coleman, who in my opinion doesn't even qualify as one of them.
Recently, my previously "best" friend accused me wrongly of attempting to pick up on his girlfriend. When I argued my case and his accusal fell apart, I did it "subconsciously." His point basically turned into what appeared to be a reason to dislike me, I have no idea why. We decided to drop it and be cool with everything, but you know how that goes. Neither one of us has made an attempt to contact the other one, so the friendship is dying with a slight whimper. So it goes.
But as my friends dwindle rapidly, I find that I become bored less easily and am reading more, listening to more records, and basically just being myself, rather than being influenced by the activities of others. I guess the main point of this not so informative digression would be to say I'm cutting ties with most of my friends, and it's really not that bad at all.

No comments: