Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Christian, the Christian.

Today on my break from my English class, I wondered over to the large common area of the college campus. I noticed several people dressed in the same color purple shirt standing around a couple of people with books in their hands. As I drew closer, my suspicions were confirmed: Christian messengers spreading the good news. I smiled slightly and sat down on a short wall near enough to them so I was able to clearly hear their conversation. If I was lucky, maybe one of them would even attempt to guide my poor, poor soul to the Lord, that I may repent of my sins and know the love of God.
As I sat and listened, I realized how much distaste I have for Christians, especially the type who invade college campuses in groups in attempts to herd people into their lies. I understand that my diction may sounds a little bit harsh, but sometimes I write when I’m truly annoyed, and this is definitely one of those instances.
Anyways, as I was sitting there watching a guy whom I knew from valley bible attempt to talk this young girl into his B.S., I noticed another familiar person across the way, with yet another shining bible resting in his palm. It was a flash-back. The guy standing there was none other than Christian (ironically enough), the boy who was baptized during the same ceremony as myself. We’ve clearly gone down different roads; he towards the loving arms of Jesus, and myself into the fiery pits or hell, depending of course on how you look at it. I see myself as wiping my eyes clean of the years of deceit and self-delusion and coming into a more complete and realistic view of reality, while I see him as plunging himself deeper into the sad, fairy-tale depths of self-deceit and wishful thinking.
All this thinking merely from the sight of these people, incredible. I really wish one of them would have come over to me so I could open his eyes, but alas, no such luck.

No comments: