Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Clinical acceptability questionability

There's a part of my being that craves to feed and grow and thrive. It wants to crawl out of my body and devour everything in it's path. I don't know what to do with this part of myself constantly clawing for fresh change and intellectual stimulation. There are times when I feel like mentally shutting down and checking out for a while but that aforementioned portion of myself refuses to remain quiet for long.
This insatiable craving for challenge and action seems to manifest itself in my continually changing ideas and thoughts. I rearrange my room from time to time just to satisfy that part of myself. I crave new music. I devour new books and new ideas without feeling the least bit full.
Some aspects of this beast scare me. Is it clinically acceptable to be partially afraid of oneself? For the most part, this beast is a welcomed part of my being. I worry about it getting out of control, but maybe that's what needs to happen from time to time.

No comments: