Friday, August 28, 2009

Starbucks and RSXs

There is something to be said about removing oneself from one's usual environment, even for a short period of time. You never realize until youre out of it how much your environment holds sawy over your thoughts, emotions, and overall state of mind.
At the moment I am gladly outside the Antelope Valley where I've lived for over fiftenn years. Even though Northridge is only a canyon run and a freeway skip away, it nonetheless provides the breath of fresh air that comes with a period of fresh faces and places.
I suppose one of the interesting things about California, particularly Southern California is that youre never really outside your comfort zone, assuming youre comfortable with Southern California culture. Even though this town may be different and fresh compared to the last town, there is still a Starbucks around the corner and still a slammed RSX down the street (crazy asians). So you truly get the best of both worlds.
Ok, I think I'm done rambling now, it's easier to drink my Starbucks coffee if I'm not typing.

No comments: