Friday, February 6, 2009

Open Forum

To be perfectly honest, I was a little hesitant to be the only atheist stepping into a crowded room of Christians in fellowship. It wasn't where I was going or who I was going with that bothered me, it was the fact that I had no idea how myself and my outlook would be received, maintaining I am the underwhelming minority. I was totally surprised to find a large group of genuinely caring and nice people. I caught a few rolling eyes when I proudly played devils advocate but I was approached directly after the group discussion by a guy who was sitting behind me. Him and I immediately launched into another discussion bordering between theology, philosophy, and general semantics, the latter of which was very brief.
There's not much else to say other than I feel that I have made some friends with genuine people whom I would definitely be interested in talking to again. It's strange, but after having such a discussion, I feel full, as if I've just eaten a large meal. It's a good feeling. It's the feeling of good, honest, discussion. Cheers.

No comments: