Thursday, September 2, 2010

Some news

You may have been wondering why this blog is dying a slow death. The answer to that is another blog that has been getting too much attention. I wanted to develop a blog that was a little more academic and a little less personal. I want this blog to keep going so I decided to dedicate this blog to my haphazard miscellaneous interests like it always have been.
If you’re interested in a more blog from my more academic side, you can find that here:
Dionysiangenerator.wordpress.com
So, now that that’s out of the way…there’s been a lot going on. I moved into a new place in Los Angeles and I’ve begun to attend California State University, Northridge. So far, I’m loving all the changes. It’s a starkly different atmosphere compared to Antelope Valley Community College. I’m really enjoying the academic culture as well as the university culture that a community college just don’t have. All my classes seem like they’ll be interesting and help develop my literary repertoire.
I’m also paying rent for the first time in my life. That’s a new experience. When I was younger, I used to feel that paying monthly just to live somewhere was a ridiculous idea. I’m still not a big fan but I really think I traded up, so to speak. I moved out of my parent’s house in the arm-pit of California and into the city, where things actually happen. That’s one thing I’m extremely grateful for. Instead of rednecks driving huge trucks around, there are all kinds of people everywhere. There are huge variations in culture except that at the end of the day, everyone’s from LA. I really like that.
The fact that I’ve moved out of my parents’ house and living on my own is still sinking in, I think. There are just so many new experiences that are going on at the same time, it’s hard to find a place to stand. I feel like I’ve learned so much in such a short amount of time. It’s really incredible. I’ll probably have some sort of inspired moment in a few months where the weight of everything just hits me all of a sudden. It’s happened to me before and I wouldn’t be surprised if it happened to me again.
I’m looking forward to all the new stuff coming my way. I’d love to supplement my job with my girlfriend’s dad with some freelance writing work. I just finished responding to a few want ads so hopefully something good comes of that. I mean, someone’s going to have to give the new guy a chance sometime, right?

No comments: