Thursday, April 22, 2010

White Supremacist Rally in Los Angeles

This may be old news to those who actually keep up on their current events. I realize this is from several days ago but I'm just now getting an opportunity to sit down and formulate some sort of response.
My initial reaction was surprise. While I understand that there is literally every kind of person in Los Angeles, it's remains to be upsetting that such blatant ignorance is still rearing it's ugly head. We're in 2010 now and we have made plenty of progress towards equal rights for all Americans as well as towards lessening discrimination and misunderstanding in the world, but that doesn't mean we have eradicated it entirely.
It seems that people revert back to comfortable notions and ideas when they feel especially threatened or uncomfortable. I believe that this is the case with these Neo-Nazis showing up before City Hall. They are most likely a group with already radical tendencies, showing their fear and ignorance. I suppose it's just upsetting to me to still see such blatant retardation of values in America.

All one can do is promote equality and understanding and hope for the best.

Here is the link to the Los Angeles Times article: http://articles.latimes.com/2010/apr/18/local/la-me-white-supremacist18-2010apr18

No comments: